Dr. Bhaskar is skilled in management of adult solid tumours, Paediatric solid tumours, Haemato-Oncology cases & Paediatric cancers
Dr. Bhaskar is skilled in stem cell transplant- autologous, allogenic- haplo, MUD stem cell transplant
Dr. Bhaskar’s primary interest is in the management of Breast and Ovarian Cancer, Paediatric Cancer & all types of Blood cancers, vis-à-vis Leukemia, Lymphoma & Myeloma
His secondary interests involve treating Lung cancer, GI Cancer, Prostate Cancer and Kidney Cancer
Dr. Bhaskar also has keen interest in preventive oncology
• Principal investigator in RONALIC trial- a phase III randomized controlled trial going at Cancer Institute (WIA), Adyar, Chennai, related to Role of Neutropenic diet in Acute Leukemia patients During Induction Chemotherapy.
• Principle Investigator in a phase III RCT related to role of Docetaxel and trastuzumab in HER2 positive Metastatic Breast Cancer at HCG Cancer centre, Visakhapatnam.
• Principle Investigator in a phase III RCT related to role of Liposomal doxorubicin in recurrent ovarian cancer and metastatic Breast cancer at HCG Cancer centre, Visakhapatnam
•Sub Principle Investigator in a phase III RCT related to role of oral etoposide with cisplatin in advanced small cell lung cancer at HCG Cancer centre, Visakhapatnam
• Sub Principle Investigator in a phase III RCT related to role of Nab paclitaxel in Metastatic Breast Cancer at HCG Cancer centre, Visakhapatnam
• Selected and participated to CREDO 2019 – a research, skill and protocol development workshop organized by Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai and presented topic for protocol development - a phase 2 single arm study on the efficacy of pre emptive use of plerixafor in decreasing the morbidity of autologous stem cell transplant patients.
• Rhabdomyosarcoma – retrospective data from Cancer Institute(WIA) – ORAL
Presentation done at Tamil Nadu Puducherry pediatric oncology group (TPPOG)
• Retrospective data on Acute promyelocytic leukemia from tertiary care oncology centre from India – poster presentation done at international conference for Korean society hematology (ICKSH), Seoul, South Korea in 2019.
• Retrospective data on Rhabdomyosarcoma from tertiary care oncology centre from India- poster presentation done at Society international of pediatric oncology (SIOP) Asia 2019 at Abu Dhabi, UAE.
• Single Institutional treatment outcomes of Acute promyelocytic leukemia from India – poster presentation done at international conference for Indian society hematology (HEMATOCON), Kochi, India in October 2019
• Rhabdomyosarcoma in teenage and young adults – poster presented at TYACON conference 2018 at Chennai India.
• First prize in TAMPOS quiz conducted at Coimbatore, India, May 2019.
• 3rd prize at Oncology quiz competition conducted at Regional Cancer Centre, Trivandrum, India, in February 2019.
•First prize in quiz competition conducted by Delhi Haematology society in 2014.
• Paper published in the journal- Cancer Research, statistics and Treatment – on topic
Rhabdomyosarcoma outcomes from cancer institute, Chennai
• Paper published in university journal of Tamil Nadu MGR University on topic CRIZOTINIB in ALK/ROS1 Mutation positive advanced Non-Small cell Lung Cancer – a single centre experience from south India.
•Realtime ultrasound-guided fine needle aspration cytology of intra-abdominal and intrapelvic masses-synergistic approach of radiologist and cytopathologist for better cellular yield - co-author