Welcome to HCG The Specialist in Cancer Care
With a pan-Indian network spanning 23 centres, the best in medical technology, expertise, and innovation, we are here to make sure you have access to the best in cancer care.
Click here to learn more about the conditions that are treated and HCG's state-of-the-art cancer care for its treatment.
Our body is made up of cells. All cancers begin in cells, which are the fundamental unit of life. To understand cancer, it's useful to know what happens when normal cells become cancer cells.
The body is composed of a variety of cells. These different types of cells grow in a well-controlled, steady manner to produce more cells that keep the body growing and functioning normally. As cells age or are damaged, they die and are replaced. But if this normal pattern is interrupted, then there will be an abnormal reaction from the cells. This reaction will come from one area or organ of the body where the cells continue to multiply and live beyond their life span. These cells are the cancerous cells.
Cancer is a medical condition where there is:
- Abnormal and uncontrolled multiplication of body cells.
- One organ or part of the body where the cancer begins.
- A group of mutant cells that migrate and invade other parts of the body through blood and lymph.
- Manifestation of the disease in the form of a tumour, which is a group of mutant cells that form a tissue.
- Risk to all, regardless of gender or age.
- A cause that is multi-factorial and where the disease process differs at different sites.