Experience: 12 Years
- Dr. Abhilasha has specialised in Gynaec Oncology and her primary interest lies in treating cervical cancer & Ovarian cancer surgery. Her secondary interest lies in preventive oncology practices.
- Dr. Abhilasha is trained in colposcopy, administering chemotherapy and palliative care management of cancer patients.
Training and Certifications
- She has completed her fellowship in Gynaec Oncology from Kidwai Memorial Institute of Oncology, Bengaluru.
- Dr Abhilasha has presented many scientific research papers and has won the Young Gynae Oncologist award for a paper presentation in 2011 at the annual conference conducted by AGOI (Association of Gynaec Oncologists of India).
- Dr Abhilasha also has co-authored and published case reports and research papers in both national and international journals.
- She has also received the first prize for a paper presentation on National Update on Cervical Cancer in 2011.
- Primary Carcinoma of the Fallopian Tube: A Review of a Single Institution Experience of 8 cases. Scientific World Journal, Vol 2014, Article ID 630731.
- Role of cytoreductive surgery and adjuvant taxane with platinum-based chemotherapy in the treatment of ovarian malignant mixed mullerian tumour (carcinosarcoma): An experience at a regional cancer centre.
- Journal of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Sciences, 2013 Sept;34(34);1627-163
- Primary ovarian adenosarcoma with elevated Ca 125 levels and normal ascetic fluid cytology: A case report and review of the literature. ecancer medical sciences. ecancer 2012, 6;284 .
- Primary Yolk Sac tumour of the endometrium: A rare entity. Indian Journal of Cancer, December 2014; Vol 51:446.