- Dr. Gaurav Medikeri is extensively trained in the field of rhinology and anterior skull base surgery, which are his primary & secondary interests respectively.
Training and Certifications
- Dr. Gaurav received his fellowship training in rhinoplasty and facial cosmetic surgery from a reputed institute in Seoul, South Korea.
- He has also completed his fellowship training in rhinology and anterior skull base surgery from the Aintree University Hospital, Liverpool, United Kingdom.
- He also has a Fellowship in Rhinoplasty and facial cosmetic surgery from Seoul.
- Dr. Gaurav has published many papers and has recently contributed to the International consensus statement in Rhinology, becoming the first Indian to ever contribute to the International guidelines document.
- A gold medallist in his masters for the state of Karnataka, Dr. Gaurav is also a keen academician with many research projects under his wing.
- He is often invited as a speaker for national and international scientific conferences and CMEs.
- He is also the author of a chapter in a prestigious textbook on endoscopic sinus surgery.
- He has been invited to author a chapter on “Complications in Endoscopic skull base surgery” – To be published in a textbook by Thieme Publications. Dr. Gaurav is the first Indian doctor to be invited to contribute to the International consensus statement on Rhinology - Allergy and Rhinosinusitis.
- He has given paper presentations at various conferences.
- Adjunctive techniques to improve access to the endoscopic prelacrimal recess approach. Laryngoscope. 2020 Aug;130(8):1857-1863.
- The Seesaw Technique for Correction of Vertical Alar Discrepancy. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2015 Sep;136(3):488-491.
- Surgical Techniques for the Correction of Post Rhinoplasty Depressed Scars on the Nasal Tip. JAMA Facial Plast Surg. 2015 Nov-Dec;17(6):405-12.
- The role of endoscopic medial maxillectomy in sinus disease, Current Opinion in Otolaryngology & Head & Neck Surgery. 4 Laryngoscope, 130: 1857–1863, 2020.
- Surgical Techniques for correction of nasal tip depressed scars – Journal of American medical academy (JAMA- Facial plastic surgery 2015:17(6):1-8.
- Single-stage surgery using rib for infected cases of alloplastic rhinoplasty – Approval pending – Journal of American medical academy (JAMA- Facial plastic surgery)
- Quality of life changes following three-dimensional printing of prosthesis for large nasal septal perforations – our experience of 13 patients (Submitted & awaiting acceptance at Journal of Laryngology and Otology)
- Optimal management of Allergic fungal rhinosinusitis – A chapter written for the Journal of Allergy and Asthma by Invitation.
- Dr. Gaurav has a keen interest in academics and key has fulfilled multiple roles in the field of academics over the years:
- Invited faculty at the 5th FESS & rhinoplasty hands-on workshop held at TU teaching hospital, Kathmandu, Nepal on 5th January 2014 – delivered a lecture on the fundamentals of rhinoplasty, performed live surgical demonstration (FESS) & rhinoplasty cadaver dissection.
- Invited faculty at the AOICON 2014 All India conference held at JSS medical college & hospital, Mysore from 9th to 12th January 2014– Delivered a lecture on “Complications in Endoscopic sinus surgery”.
- Invited faculty at Haryana state conference 2014 – performed live surgical demonstration - FESS & inverted papilloma.
- Presented a paper on “Comprehensive endoscopic sinus surgery” at the 11th Middle East otolaryngology update held in April 2014 in Dubai. Was chosen among the top 150 papers to be presented from the eastern world.
- Invited faculty at the 3rd cochlear implant surgical workshop organized by Medikeri’s Superspeciality ENT centre held in Bengaluru – delivered a lecture on “How to read a CT temporal bone?”
- Invited faculty at the 9th SAARC ENT congress held in Sri Lanka from 9th to 12th October 2014 – delivered 4 lectures on endoscopic sinus surgery & rhinoplasty.
- Invited faculty at the CME on Radiology in ENT held in Columbia Asia hospital in Bengaluru on 2nd November 2014 – Delivered lecture on radiological anatomy of the temporal bone.
- Invited faculty for a rhinoplasty surgical demonstration workshop held on 5th November 2014 at Jain ENT Hospital, Jaipur, India – Performed live surgical demonstrations.
- Invited faculty for Rajasthan state conference on 13th & 14th of December 2014- to speak on “Management of the deviated nose” & as a panel member for “Optimizing results in FESS”.
- Organizer for a cadaver dissection workshop on anterior & lateral skull base surgery held in MIMER medical college, Talegaon, Pune in March 2014.
- Organizer for a surgical demonstration workshop on endoscopic sinus & skull base surgery held in August 2014 at Jain ENT hospital. Also, performed a surgical demonstration (FESS).
- Co-authored a chapter on “Complications of Endoscopic sinus surgery” in a textbook edited by Dr. Milind V Kirtane on Endoscopic sinus surgery.
- Invited speaker for the All India Conference at Raipur in January 2015 – spoke on “Management of deviated nose” & panellist for "Optimising outcomes in FESS".