HCG Panda Cancer Hospital is the only comprehensive cancer care centre in the state of Odisha. The centre offers 360° cancer care solutions, namely prevention, screening, second opinion, diagnosis, treatment, rehabilitation, follow-up and palliative care.
Specialists at HCG Panda Cancer Hospital use the integrated approach to cancer treatment, which focuses on delivering value-based treatment through patient-centric medical interventions.
Radiation oncology, medical oncology, surgical oncology and nuclear medicine are the main treatment modalities that are available at HCG Panda Cancer Hospital. Each department here is fully equipped to support care delivery that not only increases the survival chances for the patients but also helps them lead a normal and healthy life after the treatment.
Through the state-of-the-art technology, the clinical expertise of our specialists and innovative treatment approaches that we practise at HCG Panda Cancer Hospital, we aim to help our patients receive the right treatment, the first time.
We, at HCG Panda Cancer Hospital, believe in delivering cancer care that is value-based and patient-centric.
The multidisciplinary treatment approach helps our specialists devise a customised treatment plan for our patients based on their cancer type, stage and their overall condition. In other words, the treatment given will be specific to that patient rather than to that specific cancer type.
The multidisciplinary team comprises medical, surgical and radiation oncologists along with trained experts in pain management, onco-dietetics and onco-pathology.
This personalised approach positively impacts the treatment response and recovery among patients.
Diagnostic Services at HCG Panda Cancer Hospital
PET-CT: PET-CT is one of the advanced methods of molecular imaging that provides data on both anatomical and biochemical changes. PET-CT imaging helps in diagnosis, staging/restaging, treatment planning, therapy monitoring and treatment evaluation. This data helps the specialists in delivering better care and treatment support.
CT Scan: A computerised tomography scan or CT scan is a safe and non-invasive diagnostic procedure that provides comprehensive information on the exact location of abnormal masses, which could be benign or malignant. A CT scan helps in radiation and surgical treatment planning. It improves the quality of cancer diagnosis. This scan also helps in assessing the aggressiveness of the tumour, check if it is benign or malignant.
X-Ray: X-ray helps in detecting structural abnormalities within the body. X-rays play an important role in the detection of lung, stomach and kidney cancers.
We also have an in-house laboratory that offers diagnostic services like biochemistry, haematology, clinical pathology and cytology and helps our patients receive on-time diagnostic support.
Treatment at HCG Panda Cancer Hospital
Today, unlike before, cancer treatments are planned with equal importance given to the patient’s quality of life. The strategies used in the surgical management of cancer are also changing gradually. At HCG Panda Cancer Hospital, onco surgeries come with numerous advantages such as organ preservation, shorter hospital stay, reduced morbidity and fewer treatment-related complications. Following are services offered by the surgical oncology department:
- Head & Neck Surgeries
- Reconstructive Surgeries
- Gynae Onco Surgeries
- Breast Surgery
- Uro Onco Surgeries
- Ortho Onco Surgeries
- GI Onco Surgeries
- Other Onco Surgeries
Radiation therapy is a non-invasive cancer treatment approach and is aimed at destroying cancer cells in a specific area. The radiation could be delivered either externally (from a linac) or internally (by placing a radiation source inside the body – brachytherapy).
HCG Panda Cancer Hospital is the only centre in Odisha with two cutting-edge linear accelerators, which are Varian’s TrueBeam and Elekta’s Versa HD along with a brachytherapy unit. Our radiation oncology department is supported by highly qualified & experienced clinicians, technologists and paramedics to cater to the needs of all our patients. Following are the different radiation therapy techniques that are being given at HCG Panda Cancer Hospital:
- Image-guided RT (IGRT)
- Intensity-modulated RT (IMRT)
- 3D Conformal RT (3D CRT)
- HDR Brachytherapy
- Stereotactic Radiotherapy (SRT)
- Stereotactic Radio-surgery (SRS)
- Stereotactic Body Radiation (SBRT)
- Rapid-Arc Radiotherapy
- Anaesthesia supported Paediatric RT
The medical oncology department at HCG Panda Cancer Hospital works towards preventing, diagnosing and treating cancers systemically by adopting value-based treatment protocols and customised multimodal therapies. Here are the key services offered under medical oncology:
- Neoadjuvant Chemotherapy
- Adjuvant Chemotherapy
- Day Care Chemotherapy
- Targeted Therapy
- Palliative Care
Infrastructure of HCG Panda Cancer Hospital
- This 116-bedded full-fledged cancer centre is equipped with all major oncology facilities and is made capable of delivering comprehensive cancer care.
- HCG Panda Cancer Hospital is the prime centre in the state with 3 modular operation theatres with all ultramodern equipment.
- We have a well-equipped day care chemotherapy ward that is made capable to offer an extensive range of formulary for all oncology needs.
- HCG Panda Cancer Hospital has an ultra-modern ICU that is equipped with the latest technology for critical care management with dedicated intensivists round the clock.
- Palliative care department is also set up at the centre to support symptom management among terminally ill cancer patients and help improve their quality of life.
- We have dedicated unit managers and helplines to ensure that all our patients’ treatment requirements are met, and they complete their cancer journey without any hassles.
- The centre has a dedicated onco emergency unit to provide immediate critical care services.
- The in-house cafeteria serves fresh and nutritious food to the patients, caregivers and visitors.