HCG ICS Khubchandani Cancer Centre is Mumbai’s dedicated comprehensive cancer care hospital that is supported by expert cancer specialists and innovative cancer treatment methodologies. We aim to provide consistently high-quality, specialised and result-oriented cancer treatments via global innovations.
HCG ICS Khubchandani Cancer Centre is the first hospital to introduce the world’s first whole-body robotic radiosurgery system, CyberKnife in Western India. It is also the first centre in Mumbai to introduce the Radixact TomoTherapy Radiation Machine.
All our cancer care services are laid out as per the NABH guidelines. At HCG ICS Khubchandani, we focus on delivering the highest quality cancer care that helps our patients achieve the best state of health possible while taking important factors like cosmesis, rehabilitation and overall recovery into consideration.
With unique cancer care approaches such as multidisciplinary treatment planning and personalised and value-based medicine, adoption of advanced technology and the best cancer specialists in Mumbai, HCG ICS Khubchandani Cancer Centre strives to help patients to receive the right treatment, the first time.
At HCG ICS Khubchandani Cancer Centre, we strive to deliver value-based and patient-centric cancer care.
Our unique multidisciplinary treatment approach supports our specialists in devising tailored treatment plans for our patients based on their cancer type, stage and their overall condition. This personalised approach has a positive impact on the treatment response and recovery among patients.
The multidisciplinary team at HCG comprises medical, radiation and surgical oncologists along with pain management specialists, onco-dieticians and psycho-oncologists.
Diagnostic Services at HCG ICS Khubchandani Cancer Centre
PET-CT: PET-CT is one of the advanced methods of molecular imaging that provides data on both anatomical and biochemical changes. PET-CT imaging helps in enhancing the precision of diagnostics. PET-CT imaging has multiple applications such as diagnosis, staging/restaging, treatment planning and treatment monitoring among cancer patients.
X-Ray: X-ray is a common imaging method that helps in detecting structural abnormalities within the body. X-ray is helpful in the detection of lung, stomach and kidney cancers.
Mammography: Mammography is an imaging technique that is dedicated to breast cancer detection. Low-dose X-rays are used to look at the breast for the signs of benign or malignant tumours.
Colour Doppler Sonography: This is an ultrasound procedure that helps specialists in differentiating between benign nodules and malignant ones.
We have an in-house pathology/histopathology laboratory for all basic tests along with a centralised lab in Mumbai to process specialised tests.
Treatment at HCG ICS Khubchandani Cancer Centre
Radiation OncologyThe radiation oncology department at HCG ICS Khubchandani Cancer Centre offers patients with latest advancements in the field of radiation medicine. The centre is on the leading edge of adopting technological innovations to deliver the highest quality clinical care to our patients.
The centre houses the two most advanced radiation delivery systems, CyberKnife Whole-body Radiosurgery System and Radixact TomoTherapy Radiation Machine that are capable of delivering radiation therapy with superior precision along with added advantages like faster recovery, reduced side effects and shorter treatment sessions.
- CyberKnife: The HCG ICS Khubchandani Cancer Centre is the first hospital in Western India to house CyberKnife, the world’s first non-invasive whole-body radiosurgery technology. CyberKnife is designed to treat tumours and lesions (formerly deemed incurable or untreatable) with sub-millimetre precision anywhere in the body. The CyberKnife treatment is extremely precise and does very little damage to healthy tissues. The treatment duration is also drastically reduced, from 5-6 weeks to 5-7 days, with one 30-90 minute session per day.
- Radixact: Radixact is one of the advanced external radiotherapy delivery systems based on Helical Tomotherapy Linear Accelerator technology. Radixact is an image-guided, intensity-modulated radiation therapy (IG-IMRT) system that uses a unique multi-leaf collimator to deliver highly conformal treatments and best-in-class clinical processes. The Radixact platform allows the radiation beams to be precisely shaped to the tumour while normal, healthy tissues are spared.
HCG ICS Khubchandani Cancer Centre houses a state-of-the-art surgical oncology department to enable care delivery for major oncology subspecialties such as head and neck, urology, gynaecology, orthopaedics and more.
The surgical management of cancer involves the removal of the tumour and some healthy tissues surrounding it. Surgery, in most cases, is combined with radiation therapy or chemotherapy to enhance the effectiveness of the recommended treatment plan.
The medical oncology department works towards preventing, diagnosing and treating cancers systemically by adopting value-based treatment protocols and customised multimodal therapies.
Our medical oncology department is equipped with specially-trained staff to deliver various cancer treatments like high-dose chemotherapy, targeted therapy and biological therapy. The department also facilitates day care chemotherapy, where patients can receive the treatment and go home the same day.
The specialists at HCG devise personalised treatment plans that combine two or three of the above-mentioned treatment modalities to increase the effectiveness of the treatment delivered.
Infrastructure of HCG ICS Khubchandani Cancer Centre
HCG ICS Khubchandani Cancer Centre is South Mumbai’s first private comprehensive cancer centre.
- This full-fledged cancer centre is equipped with all major oncology facilities and is made capable of delivering comprehensive cancer care.
- The hospital OT complex comprises 2 major OTs with the latest technology equipment.
- We have a well-equipped day care chemotherapy ward that is made capable to offer an extensive range of formulary for all oncology needs.
- HCG ICS Khubchandani Cancer Centre is equipped with an ultra-modern ICU that is equipped with the latest technology for critical care management with dedicated intensivists available round the clock.
- We also have dedicated unit managers and help desks to efficiently fulfil patients’ treatment requirements.
- The centre also houses an in-house cafeteria to provide nutritious food to the patients, their caretakers and visitors.
- The centre has a dedicated physiotherapy department to support rehabilitation and recovery among our patients.
- The centre also houses an in-house pharmacy (oncology and generic medicines).