November 26, 2016
Advanced cancer patients like Larry Katz, diagnosed with prostate cancer, are often told there’s no hope. After seeking treatment at centres around the world, he came to HCG. Here, a multi-disciplinary team recommended oral chemotherapy and CyberKnife treatment. Today, Larry is healthy and ready to play once again.
This is just another example of the countless advanced cancer cases that the specialists at HCG treat on a daily basis. With over 220 oncologists, 440 specialist physicians and a nationwide footprint, HCG gives you the expert opinion that makes all the difference.
Over 1,20,000 patients trust HCG with their lives. Here’s why.
HCG is known for pioneering a series of firsts:
- Asia’s first bloodless Bone Marrow Transplant
- India’s first Computer Assisted Tumor Navigation Surgery (CATS)
- First in India to introduce Flattening Free Filter (FFF) mode technology to treat a patient
- First in Asia to have treated a patient with 3D radio-guided surgery – Surgic Eye
- First in India to introduce biological reconstruction to treat bone cancer
- Cyberheart – First hospital in India to remove a tumour in the left ventricle of the heart through CyberKnife
- First in India to save a patient’s vocal cord through the world’s most advanced laser technology
- First in India to introduce high precision Trans Oral Laser Surgery (TOLS) endoscopically
- Credited with the largest number of Breast Conservation Surgeries in India
- First in India to introduce hyperthermia
HCG’s technology keeps up with the latest developments in the field of medicine around the world. Our technology includes:
- CyberKnife –The world’s first non-invasive whole body robotic radiosurgery system
- ARTISTE with CT on rails – Adaptive radiation therapy system, which makes treatment more accurate and comfortable
- IGRT – Image Guided Radiation Therapy
- 128-slice HD PET-CT – Positron Emission Tomography and Computerised Tomography
- FFF technology (Flattening Free Filter mode technology)
- Medical Cyclotron – Provides very high quality of isotope production that meets US FDA and EU standards
- Whole body hyperthermia
- ABVS – Automated Breast Volume Scanner
- Digital Mammogram
- Computer Assisted Tumour Navigation Surgery System (CATS)
- 3D Radioguided Surgery – Surgic Eye
At HCG, we have over 475 specialists in cancer care treating over 1,20,000 patients every year. Each one, known for their skill and expertise. Coming from a diverse field of specialties, our team of doctors give patients the right diagnosis and treatment.
With over 475 oncologists and a nationwide footprint, we make sure expert cancer care is available to all.
Patient Support Groups: These groups encourage patients to meet and interact with cancer survivors. Pink Hope, a support group, is where women survivors of cancer come together to motivate and support each other. There is also the HCG team of medical social workers for added emotional support and the HCG Foundation, for financial aid, to help the underprivileged.
PsychoOncology: This group helps patients and their families come to terms with the disease and its effects. The team guide and assist patients through the period and uses scientific techniques to meet their psychological and emotional needs. It also removes stigmas commonly associated with cancer and provides support in leading a full and healthy life post cancer.
Financial Assistance: HCG provides treatment for patients from all walks of life. We have partnered with the state, central, private, public and popular schemes to make sure quality cancer care is accessible to all. For those who are not beneficiaries of the various schemes and for society’s weaker sections, we provide support through our EMI scheme or through the HCG Foundation.